Today, we are sharing tested tips on how to fix recliner thats hard to pull and make them much easier to work with. There are times when the recliner seat will require a little extra effort to get up and out of the chair, and that can be hard on your back and your arms. But there are ways to fix a recliner pull handle that isn’t easy to pull.
When you first get the recliner it may seem great. You sit back and relax while watching TV or studying. However, things change very quickly and if you have a recliner with a bad handle, it could be an inconvenience every single day. It can be frustrating to not be able to pull back the chair without getting out of your seat.
3 Types of Recliner Pull Handle
Recliners are meant for prolonged hours of sitting especially if you’ve got lower back problems like piriformis. The pull handles on recliners are made of different materials like wood and plastic or even metal. They come in three basic shapes; a lever, a flapper, and a D-ring.
Lever Pull Handle
A lever pull handle is the most common type of pull handle used on recliners. The lever is attached to the frame of the recliner by a rod, which is often hidden under the seat cushion.
When the lever is pulled, it moves the seat cushion forward, pulling the rod and allowing the lever to rotate.
This action rotates a cam attached to the lever, which pushes the locking pin out of the hole in the center of the recliner’s backrest, unlocking the recliner.
Flapper Recliner Pull Handle
A flapper pull handle has a flat, round shape that is held in hand by two fingers. When the user pulls the handle, the flat side is pushed up and down, lifting the lock pin.
D-Ring Pull Handle
A D-ring pull handle is similar to the flapper pull handle, but it has a circular ring instead of a flat surface. It is held in the hand by two fingers and allows the user to push down on the ring to lift the lock pin.
5 Easy Steps to Fix Recliner thats Hard to Pull
Follow these simple steps and get your recliner chair instantly fixed:
- Turn over the recliner.
- You’ll need a screwdriver to loosen the lever.
- Remove the lever, and piece of protective cover from the recliner.
- Place the new piece of protective metal over the recliner mechanism, and slide the new lever handle over it and into place.
- Tighten the screws of the handle and place the recliner in its normal position. Test the pull handle.
7 Easy Steps to Replace a D-Ring Pull Handle
You should follow these steps to fix a D-Ring:
- Use a screwdriver and a set of needle nose pliers.
- Untighten the screws from the handle, and gently remove the handle.
- Closely see the cable as it is connected in two places to the mechanism release trigger.
- The first is an S-tip, which when removed will cause the recliner cable to lose tension.
- Next, use your needle-nose pliers to remove the mechanism release clip.
- Remove the handle and cable and insert the new cable.
- Ease the new mechanism release clip into its spot on the mechanism release trigger. Position the recliner up again.
- Place the new handle in the hole and try not to ruin the leather or fabric upholstery.
- Tighten the screws back it would be better to use new screws. Test the recliner and see if the handle is now easily moving.
Maintaining the Pull Handle on Your Recliner
Taking proper care of your recliner, and performing regular cleaning and maintenance will increase its lifespan. When it comes to your recliner pull handle, with many years of use it may inevitably need replacement or fixing:
- Although fixing or replacing the pull handle on your recliner is a very easy and inexpensive process.
- Always use the handle gently and smoothly without pulling too hard, tugging, or grabbing it.
- Clean the Pull handle from dust and debris regularly and make sure that no water or liquids get spilled on it.
Are Recliners Worth It-Benefits of Recliners
A traditional recliner is a type of living chair that helps you better sleep. It is also known as a rocking chair, a type of recliner that rocks back and forth in a gentle motion. These types of recliners usually have a seat back that moves back and forth about a fixed base.
They are often made of wood, metal, plastic, or other materials. They can be found in any home setting, including living rooms, dining rooms, and kitchens.
Some recliners are motorized to provide a more active motion. They are used for relaxation, reading, and watching television. They are excellent as massage chairs. They’re good for the back and neck and people often prefer them after having knee surgery.
A sedentary lifestyle is always discouraged by experts. Studies on the effectiveness of recliners have shown that depending on sitting periods, these chairs may or may not be beneficial for your health. It becomes inevitable to fix a lumpy recliner before it hurts your back.
Recliners are common living room chairs for watching TV or relaxing after work. If you don’t know how to fix a recliner pull handle, you can find out by reading this article. Follow these steps and do it yourself!
1. How do I fix the recliner pull handle that’s hard to pull?
The first thing you should do is check the recliner to make sure that it is not broken. If it is, you can replace the seat cushion or the chair frame.
2. What can I do to make the recliner pull handle easier to pull?
You can try using a hairdryer or a heat gun to warm up the pull handle.
3. What’s the best way to clean the recliner pull handle?
You can use a damp cloth and warm water.
4. What should I do if the recliner pull handle starts squeaking?
If you start hearing squeaks, you should spray it with lubricants and then check for any loose bolts.
5. What should I do if the recliner doesn’t come back to its original position?
If the recliner doesn’t come back to its original position, you’ll need to remove the seat cushion. Then, you’ll need to pull the back of the recliner toward the front of the chair.